Full Tummy

Come join me in seeing and tasting food the way I do, take a sniff with me and enjoy the flavors like I do.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Menu for the week of Oct 30 - Nov 4

Me and my husband - we like to eat in on weekdays, and out on weekends. This way we get our share of nutritious healthy food, as well as get to have fun. Our weekday lunches are at work - I hit the salad bar, he hits the deli sandwiches. When both of you are working and still want to eat healthy yummy dinner at home, it needs planning. If you plan it out, you can get it right.
I have always been taking notes on my laptop in a Text file about whats the menu for this week, I usually do that either before or after grocery shopping, and mostly on Sundays. Now that I am in the world of blogging, I decided to make my menu planning public and share with all of you as well.

Monday Oct 30: (I have 1 hour 30 minutes to cook)
- Chicken 65 from Past Present and Me's blog
(already marinated the chicken yesterday, on Sunday)
- Mushroom and Peas sabzi
- Toor dal with green chillies and garlic
- Rice
- Also bake Banana Nut Bread for breakfast for the week
- Husband to cut apples and make Apple juice

Tuesday Oct 31: (I have 45 minutes to cook)
- Roasted indian style Tilapia from Towards a better tomorrow's blog
- Green bell peppers with Besan
- Potatoes with dill

Wednesday Nov 1: (No time to cook)
- Leftovers from Monday and Tuesday
- Husband to make fresh dal: sada varan
- Husband to make rice

Thursday Nov 2: (30 minutes to cook)
- Asparagus Soup
- Panini sandwiches with ham, cheese and basil
- Cut carrots and make carrot juice

3 Comments:

  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Vani said…

    Deciding on what to make every day is such a pain. To plan the week's menu in advance makes it so easy! Also a great way to try out different recipes from fellow blogges. Neat idea, Alison!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Shankari said…

    you have a nice blog going. Dont ask me how I landed to your blog, I was searching for a recipe and came across yours.
    I love the way you have planned your menu for the week, neat idea!

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger nav said…

    Hello,

    Just came across your blog. You have some good recipes here and the planning is so cool.. Believe me or not, I have thought abt it several times, but could never materialise. It makes cooking and grocery shopping so easy and efficient.

    Cheers,
    Nav

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home